Police: Suspect fled after car struck wheelchair-bound man
KENSINGTON - May 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A wheelchair-bound man remains hospitalized after being struck by a vehicle in Kensington and police are searching for the driver.
It happened just before 10:00 p.m. Tuesday at Frankford Avenue and Elkhart Street.
Police say a man in a wheelchair was struck by a vehicle
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition
Officials say the driver of the striking vehicle fled on foot and remains on the loose.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, kensington, accident, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 1 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 39 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 25 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 31 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply