Police: Suspect fled after car struck wheelchair-bound man
KENSINGTON - May 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A wheelchair-bound man remains hospitalized after being struck by a vehicle in Kensington and police are searching for the driver.
It happened just before 10:00 p.m. Tuesday at Frankford Avenue and Elkhart Street.
Police say a man in a wheelchair was struck by a vehicle
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition
Officials say the driver of the striking vehicle fled on foot and remains on the loose.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, kensington, accident, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman crashes into tractor trailer in Mayfair 10 min ago
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting 19 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 7 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Dozens charged in alleged slip and fall scheme
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting
19 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos