Police: Suspect fled after car struck wheelchair-bound man
KENSINGTON - May 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A wheelchair-bound man remains hospitalized after being struck by a vehicle in Kensington and police are searching for the driver.
It happened just before 10:00 p.m. Tuesday at Frankford Avenue and Elkhart Street.
Police say a man in a wheelchair was struck by a vehicle
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition
Officials say the driver of the striking vehicle fled on foot and remains on the loose.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, kensington, accident, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 57 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 39 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
57 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
39 min ago