Police: Suspect fled after car struck wheelchair-bound man
KENSINGTON - May 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A wheelchair-bound man remains hospitalized after being struck by a vehicle in Kensington and police are searching for the driver.
It happened just before 10:00 p.m. Tuesday at Frankford Avenue and Elkhart Street.
Police say a man in a wheelchair was struck by a vehicle
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition
Officials say the driver of the striking vehicle fled on foot and remains on the loose.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, kensington, accident, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 9 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 26 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar