Feltonville hit and run victim dragged half mile
PHILADELPHIA - May 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A motorcycle driver is out of surgery Wednesday night and still in critical condition at Temple University Hospital after an almost unimaginable hit and run in Feltonville Friday night.
Ryan Lees is facing several surgeries, but his mother tells Action News that she is grateful that he is alive after the horrific hit and run accident.
Action News was there as first responders worked to save 30-year-old Ryan Lees Friday.
The motorcyclist was a victim of a violent hit and run at Wyoming and Avenue A around 11:00 p.m. Police say the SUV dragged him for half a mile.
"I was completely horrified that anybody could do that to another human being," said Lynne Borden.
Lees' mother says her son suffered severe injuries to most of his body, and he remembers just about every painful detail of the incident.
"He remembers being under the vehicle, he remembers speeding through town trying to hold his head up," said Borden.
Police say the SUV dragged Lees for 6 blocks through the streets of the community before the driver stopped, pried him out from under the vehicle and threw the injured man between a couple of cars at Tampa and Court Land streets.
"He's going to have to have many surgeries, we know that," said Borden. "The recovery time is extensive."
Lees' 21-year-old friend, Alexis Martone, was on the back of his bike which he had just purchased a month ago.
Police say the SUV ran over her causing a number of injuries, but she was released from the hospital Wednesday night.
Investigators are looking for a green Ford Expedition with tinted windows and high intensity blue headlights.
"Somebody had to see it happen, and I just ask anybody who might have information to please come forward and help us," Borden pleaded.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police Accident Investigations at 215-685-3180.
hit and run, philadelphia, local/state, kenneth moton
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 41 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 49 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 40 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 37 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 30 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
41 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
40 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
37 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
30 min ago