Officer on motorcycle injured in NE Philly crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIAMay 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A highway patrol officer was injured Thursday morning when his motorcycle collided with a SUV in Northeast Philadelphia.
The crash happened just before 7:30 a.m. on eastbound Harbison Avenue, near Roosevelt Boulevard.
The officer was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment of back and neck injuries. He is listed in stable condition and is expected to be released later today.
Police tell Action News that the officer hit the SUV.
No other injuries have been reported.
northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, accident, police, motorcycles, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book