Pa. governor signs 3 more death warrants
HARRISBURG, Pa. - May 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Tom Corbett has signed execution warrants for three men on death row.
Darien Houser was convicted of the 2004 killing of a Philadelphia warrant officer attempting to serve a warrant on Houser for failing to appear at his rape trial.
John Koehler Jr. is on death row for persuading a teenager to kill Koehler's girlfriend and her 9-year-old son in Bradford County in 1995.
Willie Clayton was found guilty in 1986 of killing two Philadelphia men during separate robberies, two months apart.
Pennsylvania has executed only three people - all of whom chose to end their appeals - since the U.S. Supreme Court restored the death penalty in 1976. The last was in 1999.
pennsylvania, harrisburg, philadelphia, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 10 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 9 min ago
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
10 min ago