Pa. governor signs 3 more death warrants
HARRISBURG, Pa. - May 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Tom Corbett has signed execution warrants for three men on death row.
Darien Houser was convicted of the 2004 killing of a Philadelphia warrant officer attempting to serve a warrant on Houser for failing to appear at his rape trial.
John Koehler Jr. is on death row for persuading a teenager to kill Koehler's girlfriend and her 9-year-old son in Bradford County in 1995.
Willie Clayton was found guilty in 1986 of killing two Philadelphia men during separate robberies, two months apart.
Pennsylvania has executed only three people - all of whom chose to end their appeals - since the U.S. Supreme Court restored the death penalty in 1976. The last was in 1999.
pennsylvania, harrisburg, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ