Specialty summer camp programs for kids
BALA CYNWYD, Pa. - June 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Experts say kids who go to summer camp, even for a week, do better in school than those who don't. Not only do they get unique experiences, camp tends to keep young kids better-prepared for learning.
The fact that it isn't classroom-based academics doesn't change the fact that kids are still learning. In the Philadelphia region, Lavner Camps and Programs offer a number of non-traditional programs available in full one-week sessions.
The newest is salon camp, offered at Hairs To You Salon in Bala Cynwyd, Pa. For $350 per week, girls age nine to 15 get professional instructions in hair care and makeup, all age-appropriate, with all materials included.
Owner Paige Lewis serves as chief instructor. At the end of the week, each girl gets a kit to take home filled with personal care products right for her hair and skin type.
Lavner has specialty camp programs available at several suburban Philadelphia locations. Each focuses on a single topic for a week at a time. In addition to salon camp, choices include tennis, golf, culinary arts, acting, theater, robotics, and video game programming and design.
All programs are priced under $500 per week. For more information and a complete list of camps, visit their website at http://lavnercamps.com/ or phone 215-767-1354. Enrollment is limited.
Hairs To You is a hair and skin care salon located at 333 Montgomery Avenue in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania. Offering hair and body care for the entire family.
They're open Tuesday through Sunday. You may reach them online at Hairs To You Salon or phone 610-949-0111.
children, pennsylvania, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 39 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad