Worker electrocuted at Temple dentistry school
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A worker is dead after being electrocuted at Temple University's Kornberg School of Dentistry.
The incident happened around 9:35 a.m. Wednesday at the school in the 3200 block of North Broad Street in North Philadelphia.
Police say 24-year-old Shawn McCool was found on the floor unconscious and bleeding after being electrocuted while changing light fixture.
McCool worked for contractor JJ White, which is involved in the renovations at the school.
There was no word on exactly how the accident happened or if there is an investigation ongoing.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, temple university, electric shock, local/state
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Man wanted for exposing himself in Montco
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos