Worker electrocuted at Temple dentistry school
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A worker is dead after being electrocuted at Temple University's Kornberg School of Dentistry.
The incident happened around 9:35 a.m. Wednesday at the school in the 3200 block of North Broad Street in North Philadelphia.
Police say 24-year-old Shawn McCool was found on the floor unconscious and bleeding after being electrocuted while changing light fixture.
McCool worked for contractor JJ White, which is involved in the renovations at the school.
There was no word on exactly how the accident happened or if there is an investigation ongoing.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, temple university, electric shock, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station