Worker electrocuted at Temple dentistry school
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A worker is dead after being electrocuted at Temple University's Kornberg School of Dentistry.
The incident happened around 9:35 a.m. Wednesday at the school in the 3200 block of North Broad Street in North Philadelphia.
Police say 24-year-old Shawn McCool was found on the floor unconscious and bleeding after being electrocuted while changing light fixture.
McCool worked for contractor JJ White, which is involved in the renovations at the school.
There was no word on exactly how the accident happened or if there is an investigation ongoing.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, temple university, electric shock, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 56 min ago