Worker electrocuted at Temple dentistry school
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A worker is dead after being electrocuted at Temple University's Kornberg School of Dentistry.
The incident happened around 9:35 a.m. Wednesday at the school in the 3200 block of North Broad Street in North Philadelphia.
Police say 24-year-old Shawn McCool was found on the floor unconscious and bleeding after being electrocuted while changing light fixture.
McCool worked for contractor JJ White, which is involved in the renovations at the school.
There was no word on exactly how the accident happened or if there is an investigation ongoing.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, temple university, electric shock, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 18 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 5 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 2 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures