Teen gunned down in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the shooting death of a teenager in South Philadelphia.
The shooting occurred just before 10:00 p.m. Thursday on the 1700 of South 5th Street.
Police say the 17-year-old victim was shot in the head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators say they are checking area surveillance cameras for clues on suspects, but believe this to be a drug related incident.
south philadelphia, philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death 19 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos