Pa. man charged with trying to give daughter knife
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania man is charged with trying to pass his 13-year-old daughter a knife during a fight.
The Morning Call reports that 44-year-old Ivan Capetillo is charged with criminal solicitation to commit aggravated assault and corruption of minors.
Police say an investigation began last month after someone contacted authorities about an alleged incident near Dodd Elementary School.
A juvenile, whose name was not released, told police that during a fight Capetillo was overheard telling his 13-year-old daughter to cut the other girl.
Police interviewed several witnesses and determined that Capetillo had a knife and tried to hand it to his daughter.
He was sent Thursday to Lehigh County Prison under $10,000 bail. It wasn't clear whether he had an attorney.
Information from: The Morning Call, http://www.mcall.com
pennsylvania, lehigh county, allentown, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 2 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 2 min ago
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends 14 min ago