Pa. man charged with trying to give daughter knife
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania man is charged with trying to pass his 13-year-old daughter a knife during a fight.
The Morning Call reports that 44-year-old Ivan Capetillo is charged with criminal solicitation to commit aggravated assault and corruption of minors.
Police say an investigation began last month after someone contacted authorities about an alleged incident near Dodd Elementary School.
A juvenile, whose name was not released, told police that during a fight Capetillo was overheard telling his 13-year-old daughter to cut the other girl.
Police interviewed several witnesses and determined that Capetillo had a knife and tried to hand it to his daughter.
He was sent Thursday to Lehigh County Prison under $10,000 bail. It wasn't clear whether he had an attorney.
Information from: The Morning Call, http://www.mcall.com
pennsylvania, lehigh county, allentown, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 19 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 42 min ago
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 30 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 9 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 43 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Winter Warm Up
48 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
57 min ago