Dump truck hits power lines in NE Phila. accident
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia fire officials and PECO are investigating after a construction accident on Friday morning.
It happened around 11:00 a.m. in the area of Red Lion and Bustleton avenues in the Northeast.
Investigators on the scene say it appears a dump truck hit some overhead wires.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed the payload of the dump truck elevated and it appeared to be near some wires. The front tires of the truck appeared to have melted.
The driver of the dump truck managed to escape without injury.
PECO tells Action News that power is off in that isolated area, but it is not impacting any customers.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, industrial accident, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 29 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 8 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 36 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
55 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
8 min ago