Dump truck hits power lines in NE Phila. accident
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia fire officials and PECO are investigating after a construction accident on Friday morning.
It happened around 11:00 a.m. in the area of Red Lion and Bustleton avenues in the Northeast.
Investigators on the scene say it appears a dump truck hit some overhead wires.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed the payload of the dump truck elevated and it appeared to be near some wires. The front tires of the truck appeared to have melted.
The driver of the dump truck managed to escape without injury.
PECO tells Action News that power is off in that isolated area, but it is not impacting any customers.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, industrial accident, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of Pa. Trooper's wife 6 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 52 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber