Police: Upper Darby man stabbed by teen girlfriend
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a 24-year-old suburban Philadelphia man, stabbed by his pregnant girlfriend for flirting, was subsequently charged with statutory sex assault after investigators discovered his girlfriend was 14-years-old.
The boyfriend, Justin Taylor, of Upper Darby was treated for puncture wounds to the left arm.
The Delaware County Times reports the girl is at the county's Juvenile Detention Center charged with assault and related offenses. Her name has not been released because of her age.
According to police Superintendent Michael Chitwood, the teen became angry with her boyfriend for flirting with other girls and stabbed him.
Taylor was arrested for statutory sexual assault and corruption of minors.
He was detained in lieu of posting bail pending a preliminary hearing. Friday. It couldn't immediately be determined whether he had an attorney.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times
pennsylvania, delaware county, upper darby, stabbing, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill 40 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar