Air conditioner thief caught on camera in Philadelphia
KENSINGTON - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for a man caught on camera stealing an air conditioning unit from a home in Kensington.
It happened on April 4, 2012 at a home in the 2400 block of Amber Street.
Surveillance video shows the man being showered with sparks as he disconnects an air conditioning compressor unit from the home, then hauls it away.
The suspect is described as a white man, 25-30 years old, 5' 7" tall and 180 pounds with black hair. He was wearing a gray jacket and black pants.
Anyone who spots him is asked to call 911 immediately.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, caught on camera, robbery, kensington, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police