Bucks Co. police officer injured, suspect killed
SELLERSVILLE, Pa. - June 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bucks County authorities are investigating a police related shooting in Sellersville that left a suspect dead and three Perkasie borough officers injured.
It happened around 4:00pm on West Clymer Road and East Old State Road.
Police say they were called to a disturbance at a nearby convenience store.
"The incident started at a convenience store nearby, it was reported that he was acting peculiar. And when the police confronted him, they tried to talk to him and get him to go to the hospital to be checked out. A confrontation ensued which resulted in the shooting," explained Police Chief Joseph Gura.
Three officers approached the suspect and a scuffle ensured. The suspect was shot and died at the scene.
Three officers were taken to Grand View Hospital with non life threatening injuries.
police, shooting, bucks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler 19 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together 23 min ago
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Cloudy And Cooler
19 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos