1 dead, 1 remains hospitalized after Elsmere crash
ELSMERE, Del. - June 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating a single vehicle crash that claimed the life of a New Castle, Delaware man Saturday.
Police say the accident happened around 1:00am Saturday morning on Kirkwood Highway in Elsmere when a the driver of a Ford Explorer lost control of the SUV navigating a curve and slammed into median.
The driver, 36 year old Juan Colon and his passenger, 30 year old Carlos Arzuaga, were ejected when the car went airborne.
Both men were transported to Christiana Hospital Trauma Center where the driver later died from his injuries.
Police believe the car was traveling at a high rate of speed. The incident was witnessed by a Delaware State Trooper.
Kirkwood Highway was closed at Poplar Avenue for several hours until police cleared the scene.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, delaware, new castle county, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 9 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 54 min ago
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones 50 min ago
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked...
54 min ago