1 dead, 1 remains hospitalized after Elsmere crash
ELSMERE, Del. - June 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating a single vehicle crash that claimed the life of a New Castle, Delaware man Saturday.
Police say the accident happened around 1:00am Saturday morning on Kirkwood Highway in Elsmere when a the driver of a Ford Explorer lost control of the SUV navigating a curve and slammed into median.
The driver, 36 year old Juan Colon and his passenger, 30 year old Carlos Arzuaga, were ejected when the car went airborne.
Both men were transported to Christiana Hospital Trauma Center where the driver later died from his injuries.
Police believe the car was traveling at a high rate of speed. The incident was witnessed by a Delaware State Trooper.
Kirkwood Highway was closed at Poplar Avenue for several hours until police cleared the scene.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, delaware, new castle county, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 11 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 39 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos