NJ man gets prison term for strangling girlfriend
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. (AP) - June 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Mercer County man who strangled his girlfriend during an argument in her apartment last year is now headed to state prison.
Forty-one-year-old Noel Irizarry of Hamilton Township must serve 85 percent of the term imposed Friday before he becomes eligible for parole.
He had pleaded guilty in February to aggravated manslaughter in the Nov. 7 death of 31-year-old Misty Ramos.
Burlington County Prosecutor Robert Bernardi says Ramos was found when police went to her Bordentown Township apartment after relatives became concerned when she didn't pick up her son as planned.
Authorities have not said what the couple argued about before Irizarry attacked Ramos.
strangling, homicide, guilty plea, burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 51 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
52 min ago