NJ man gets prison term for strangling girlfriend
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. (AP) - June 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Mercer County man who strangled his girlfriend during an argument in her apartment last year is now headed to state prison.
Forty-one-year-old Noel Irizarry of Hamilton Township must serve 85 percent of the term imposed Friday before he becomes eligible for parole.
He had pleaded guilty in February to aggravated manslaughter in the Nov. 7 death of 31-year-old Misty Ramos.
Burlington County Prosecutor Robert Bernardi says Ramos was found when police went to her Bordentown Township apartment after relatives became concerned when she didn't pick up her son as planned.
Authorities have not said what the couple argued about before Irizarry attacked Ramos.
strangling, homicide, guilty plea, burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 5 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
43 min ago