7-year-old struck by car in Frankford
FRANKFORD - June 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 7-year-old child was rushed to the hospital after being struck by a car in the Frankford section of Philadelphia.
It happened shortly before 1:00 Saturday afternoon at the intersection of Bridge and Ditman streets.
The exact details of the crash are unclear but after the child was struck, medics and police quickly arrived on the scene.
The victim was taken to St. Christopher's Hospital in stable condition.
Police say the driver of the car did stop at the scene.
The accident remains under investigation.
philadelphia, frankford, accident, children, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police