Man rescued from Schuykill River
CENTER CITY - June 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Only Action News was there as firefighters in Philadelphia worked to rescue a man spotted in the Schuykill River.
Police received reports of the man stuck in the river shortly after midnight Sunday near the Walnut Street Bridge.
An officer from the University of Pennsylvania spotted the man and directed rescue crews to the area.
A small boat was used to locate and rescue the man near the South Street Bridge around 12:30 a.m.
Medics were on call to assess the victim. No word on his condition or why he was in the water.
philadelphia, water rescue, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 5 min ago
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 38 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 33 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures