Man rescued from Schuykill River
CENTER CITY - June 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Only Action News was there as firefighters in Philadelphia worked to rescue a man spotted in the Schuykill River.
Police received reports of the man stuck in the river shortly after midnight Sunday near the Walnut Street Bridge.
An officer from the University of Pennsylvania spotted the man and directed rescue crews to the area.
A small boat was used to locate and rescue the man near the South Street Bridge around 12:30 a.m.
Medics were on call to assess the victim. No word on his condition or why he was in the water.
philadelphia, water rescue, local/state
- London theater partially collapses during performance 11 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 28 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
16 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos