Autopsy completed on body pulled from ocean
LONG BRANCH, N.J. - June 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Relatives of a north Jersey teenager who disappeared while swimming in Long Branch more than a week ago are waiting to learn if his body was recovered.
Lifeguards say a body washed ashore on Saturday near where 17-year-old Rudy Mena of Paterson was last seen swimming.
The Asbury Park Press reports the Monmouth County medical examiner performed an autopsy on Sunday. However, the results have not been released.
Mena's brother, Jose, tells The Record newspaper authorities said they will need dental records to identify the remains. He says clothing found on the body matches what his brother was wearing.
Officials say Mena was swimming with his sister and another man when they believe the teen got caught in a rip current last Sunday.
monmouth county, new jersey, body found, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 10 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized