Autopsy completed on body pulled from ocean
LONG BRANCH, N.J. - June 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Relatives of a north Jersey teenager who disappeared while swimming in Long Branch more than a week ago are waiting to learn if his body was recovered.
Lifeguards say a body washed ashore on Saturday near where 17-year-old Rudy Mena of Paterson was last seen swimming.
The Asbury Park Press reports the Monmouth County medical examiner performed an autopsy on Sunday. However, the results have not been released.
Mena's brother, Jose, tells The Record newspaper authorities said they will need dental records to identify the remains. He says clothing found on the body matches what his brother was wearing.
Officials say Mena was swimming with his sister and another man when they believe the teen got caught in a rip current last Sunday.
monmouth county, new jersey, body found, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 14 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 43 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
15 min ago