2 in custody after disturbance at Montco juvenile facility
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - June 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two boys are in custody after a disturbance at a juvenile facility in Montgomery County on Monday morning.
Lower Providence Township Police said a call went out around 11:42 a.m. for a disturbance in the dining hall of Saint Gabriel's Hall on Pawlings Road.
There were preliminary reports that a large number of individuals were involved and the staff was not able to get the situation under control.
Police units from West Norriton Township, Schuylkill Township, Upper Providence Township, Upper Merion Township and Valley Forge National Historic Park responded to assist Lower Providence Township police units.
The disturbance was placed under control by 11:54 a.m. and two boys were taken into custody. One faces charges of Aggravated Assault for assaulting two staff members. The other boy faces charge of Disorderly Conduct.
There were no injuries reported.
Saint Gabriel's Hall is a juvenile detention facility for court committed males that is owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia and is operated by the Christian Brothers.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, riot, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 21 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 46 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
47 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
46 min ago