2 in custody after disturbance at Montco juvenile facility
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - June 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two boys are in custody after a disturbance at a juvenile facility in Montgomery County on Monday morning.
Lower Providence Township Police said a call went out around 11:42 a.m. for a disturbance in the dining hall of Saint Gabriel's Hall on Pawlings Road.
There were preliminary reports that a large number of individuals were involved and the staff was not able to get the situation under control.
Police units from West Norriton Township, Schuylkill Township, Upper Providence Township, Upper Merion Township and Valley Forge National Historic Park responded to assist Lower Providence Township police units.
The disturbance was placed under control by 11:54 a.m. and two boys were taken into custody. One faces charges of Aggravated Assault for assaulting two staff members. The other boy faces charge of Disorderly Conduct.
There were no injuries reported.
Saint Gabriel's Hall is a juvenile detention facility for court committed males that is owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia and is operated by the Christian Brothers.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, riot, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load