2 in custody after disturbance at Montco juvenile facility
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - June 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two boys are in custody after a disturbance at a juvenile facility in Montgomery County on Monday morning.
Lower Providence Township Police said a call went out around 11:42 a.m. for a disturbance in the dining hall of Saint Gabriel's Hall on Pawlings Road.
There were preliminary reports that a large number of individuals were involved and the staff was not able to get the situation under control.
Police units from West Norriton Township, Schuylkill Township, Upper Providence Township, Upper Merion Township and Valley Forge National Historic Park responded to assist Lower Providence Township police units.
The disturbance was placed under control by 11:54 a.m. and two boys were taken into custody. One faces charges of Aggravated Assault for assaulting two staff members. The other boy faces charge of Disorderly Conduct.
There were no injuries reported.
Saint Gabriel's Hall is a juvenile detention facility for court committed males that is owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia and is operated by the Christian Brothers.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, riot, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish