2 in custody after disturbance at Montco juvenile facility
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - June 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two boys are in custody after a disturbance at a juvenile facility in Montgomery County on Monday morning.
Lower Providence Township Police said a call went out around 11:42 a.m. for a disturbance in the dining hall of Saint Gabriel's Hall on Pawlings Road.
There were preliminary reports that a large number of individuals were involved and the staff was not able to get the situation under control.
Police units from West Norriton Township, Schuylkill Township, Upper Providence Township, Upper Merion Township and Valley Forge National Historic Park responded to assist Lower Providence Township police units.
The disturbance was placed under control by 11:54 a.m. and two boys were taken into custody. One faces charges of Aggravated Assault for assaulting two staff members. The other boy faces charge of Disorderly Conduct.
There were no injuries reported.
Saint Gabriel's Hall is a juvenile detention facility for court committed males that is owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia and is operated by the Christian Brothers.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, riot, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police-involved shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 1 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos