2 in custody after disturbance at Montco juvenile facility
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - June 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two boys are in custody after a disturbance at a juvenile facility in Montgomery County on Monday morning.
Lower Providence Township Police said a call went out around 11:42 a.m. for a disturbance in the dining hall of Saint Gabriel's Hall on Pawlings Road.
There were preliminary reports that a large number of individuals were involved and the staff was not able to get the situation under control.
Police units from West Norriton Township, Schuylkill Township, Upper Providence Township, Upper Merion Township and Valley Forge National Historic Park responded to assist Lower Providence Township police units.
The disturbance was placed under control by 11:54 a.m. and two boys were taken into custody. One faces charges of Aggravated Assault for assaulting two staff members. The other boy faces charge of Disorderly Conduct.
There were no injuries reported.
Saint Gabriel's Hall is a juvenile detention facility for court committed males that is owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia and is operated by the Christian Brothers.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, riot, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 13 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 38 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 22 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 38 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 11 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
11 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
33 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos