Philadelphia police seek info on hit-and-run
PHILADELPHIA - June 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the public's help in finding the driver involved in a fatal hit-and-run early Saturday morning.
It was around 5:00 a.m. when someone called 911 for a man in the roadway on American Street just south of Lehigh Avenue.
The 28-year-old man was rushed by medics to Temple University Hospital with multiple injuries. However, at that point, police didn't know what had happened to him.
The man died later that day and his body was sent to the medical examiner's office, who determined the victim died from being hit by a car.
Unfortunately, police said, the driver left the scene without leaving any evidence behind. Now, investigators are hoping someone can give them a lead.
Anyone with information can call the Accident Investigation Division at 215-685-3180. Tips can be made anonymously.
The victim has been identified, but police are not releasing his name as they work to track down his family to make notification.
philadelphia, hit and run, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Firefighters rescue 3 children from Southwest Philadelphia house fire 30 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- North Philadephia man arrested for firing shots at police 9 min ago
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos