Police: Man assaulted in Center City
CENTER CITY - June 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized in serious condition after being beaten on a Center City street, according to Philadelphia police.
The incident occurred along the 300 block of North 13th Street around 7:40 p.m. Monday.
Polices say someone beat a man, believed to be in his late 30s to early 40s, in the head.
The injury was so severe, officials say, the initial report came in that the victim had been shot.
Police and medics responded and determined that the man was assaulted.
He was rushed by medics to Hahnemann Hospital for care
Authorities say they are questioning witnesses.
philadelphia, center city, assault, beating, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book