Bicyclist ID'd in fatal NE Phila. hit-and-run
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have ID'd the bicyclist who was fatally struck in a hit-and-run last week in Northeast Philadelphia.
Officials say 45-year-old Michael Eichardson of the 4400 block of Carwithan Street passed away Sunday night at Aria-Torresdale Hospital.
Police say it was around 11:00 p.m. on May 28th when Eichardson was riding his bike and was struck by a vehicle on the southbound lanes of Torresdale Avenue near Megargee Street.
Investigators say the driver of the striking vehicle fled the scene following the incident, leaving Eichardson critically injured in the street.
The accident occurred only four blocks from his home.
The search for the driver of the striking vehicle continues.
philadelphia, hit and run, bicyclist struck, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk 15 min ago
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 16 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)