Bicyclist ID'd in fatal NE Phila. hit-and-run
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have ID'd the bicyclist who was fatally struck in a hit-and-run last week in Northeast Philadelphia.
Officials say 45-year-old Michael Eichardson of the 4400 block of Carwithan Street passed away Sunday night at Aria-Torresdale Hospital.
Police say it was around 11:00 p.m. on May 28th when Eichardson was riding his bike and was struck by a vehicle on the southbound lanes of Torresdale Avenue near Megargee Street.
Investigators say the driver of the striking vehicle fled the scene following the incident, leaving Eichardson critically injured in the street.
The accident occurred only four blocks from his home.
The search for the driver of the striking vehicle continues.
philadelphia, hit and run, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 23 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 25 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 28 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Pfizer recalls antidepressant Effexor 16 min ago
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 56 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber