Pa. man pleads to charges related to officer death
EASTON, Pa. - June 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- A friend of the Pennsylvania man sentenced to death for killing a police officer last summer has pleaded guilty to summary offenses related to the shooting.
Todd Schaedel pleaded guilty Monday to harassment and disorderly conduct in connection with the killing of Freemansburg police Officer Robert Lasso.
Schaedel was outside the home of George Hitcho Jr. when Hitcho shot Lasso in the head as the officer responded to a call about a domestic dispute last August. Investigators say Schaedel threatened the neighbor who called police.
Northampton County prosecutors dropped charges including hindering apprehension and obstruction of justice as part of the plea agreement, saying Schaedel testified truthfully at Hitcho's trial last month.
Hitcho was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death. He's filed an appeal.
police officer killed, homicide, pennsylvania, northampton county, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 20 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 15 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 22 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 24 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 48 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
11 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
20 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
14 min ago