Pa. man pleads to charges related to officer death
EASTON, Pa. - June 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- A friend of the Pennsylvania man sentenced to death for killing a police officer last summer has pleaded guilty to summary offenses related to the shooting.
Todd Schaedel pleaded guilty Monday to harassment and disorderly conduct in connection with the killing of Freemansburg police Officer Robert Lasso.
Schaedel was outside the home of George Hitcho Jr. when Hitcho shot Lasso in the head as the officer responded to a call about a domestic dispute last August. Investigators say Schaedel threatened the neighbor who called police.
Northampton County prosecutors dropped charges including hindering apprehension and obstruction of justice as part of the plea agreement, saying Schaedel testified truthfully at Hitcho's trial last month.
Hitcho was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death. He's filed an appeal.
police officer killed, homicide, pennsylvania, northampton county, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 37 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 8 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos