Pa. man pleads to charges related to officer death
EASTON, Pa. - June 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- A friend of the Pennsylvania man sentenced to death for killing a police officer last summer has pleaded guilty to summary offenses related to the shooting.
Todd Schaedel pleaded guilty Monday to harassment and disorderly conduct in connection with the killing of Freemansburg police Officer Robert Lasso.
Schaedel was outside the home of George Hitcho Jr. when Hitcho shot Lasso in the head as the officer responded to a call about a domestic dispute last August. Investigators say Schaedel threatened the neighbor who called police.
Northampton County prosecutors dropped charges including hindering apprehension and obstruction of justice as part of the plea agreement, saying Schaedel testified truthfully at Hitcho's trial last month.
Hitcho was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death. He's filed an appeal.
police officer killed, homicide, pennsylvania, northampton county, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose