Police: Pa. man attacked child after water fight
SCRANTON, Pa. - June 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- A northeastern Pennsylvania man faces charges he assaulted a 9-year-old boy after losing a water balloon fight.
Investigators say 33-year-old Joe Mongeon started the water fight with the child but became angry when the boy hit him with a water balloon on Saturday in Scranton. Witnesses told police Mongeon chased the child down, pushed him to the ground and began kicking him.
The Times-Tribune of Scranton reports Mongeon also allegedly assaulted the child's mother after she tried to intervene.
Mongeon is charged with two counts of simple assault and harassment. He was released Monday on $5,000 bail.
A phone listing for Mongeon couldn't immediately be located. Court records don't list an attorney for him.
Information from: The Times-Tribune, http://thetimes-tribune.com/
scranton, pennsylvania, assault, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 8 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Winter's Last Blast
1 min ago