Reward upped to $12,500 in deadly hit-and-run in Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - June 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- The reward has been increased to $12,500 for information on the hit and run accident that killed a Delaware grandmother just months before her wedding anniversary.
76-year-old Helen Yang was crossing Library Avenue in Newark back on April 30, 2012 when she was struck and killed.
The driver did not stop. Yang died from her injuries.
Police believe the suspect was driving a four-door Honda Accord, possibly black.
A $10,000 reward offered by the Yang family has now been increased to $12,500, thanks to Leon Weiner and Associates, Inc., the owners of the Main Towers Apartment Complex, where Yang lived with her husband.
Helen Yang died just two months shy of her 50th wedding anniversary. Her family was planning an anniversary celebration.
"This type of person that would let an old lady die on the street really should really be held responsible for this," said Yang's daughter, Pan.
The reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the hit and run driver.
Anyone with information on the crash is asked to call Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333. You can leave an anonymous tip.
delaware, newark, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 53 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 34 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ