Grandmother, child hit by vehicle in school lot
CHESTER TWP., Pa. - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A grandmother and her grandson were hit by a vehicle on Wednesday morning in the parking lot of a school in Chester Township.
The incident happened around 8:55 a.m. at Toby Farms Elementary in the 200 block of Bridgewater Road.
The Chester Township Police Department was called to the parking lot for the report of two pedestrians being struck by a vehicle.
Upon arrival, police found a young male and his grandmother, identified as Brenda Wilcox, lying on the sidewalk.
The driver of the striking vehicle, identified as John Spence, stayed at the site. Spence told police he was parked out front of the school, as well as Wilcox.
According to Spence, when Wilcox and her grandson exited their vehicle they proceeded to walk toward the front of their vehicle, both on the driver's side.
When they came around the front of their vehicle walking toward the school they were struck by the front end of Spence's vehicle.
Spence stated he was parked on the right side of Wilcox's vehicle and let off the brake. He then saw a shadow and felt that he hit something and noticed the grandmother falling to the ground with the boy in her arms.
Wilcox and her grandson were transported to Crozer Chester Medical Center with unknown injuries.
Police say two witnesses on location confirm Spence's side of the story.
Authorities say no charges are forthcoming.
pennsylvania, delaware county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer 45 min ago
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co. 32 min ago
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault 35 min ago
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery 34 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
45 min ago
- Real estate scam sidelines beach goers in...
47 min ago
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
42 min ago