Suspect's family in Jiffy Lube murder makes a plea
PHILADELPHIA - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- The family of a man wanted in connection with a murder at a Jiffy Lube in Port Richmond last month is pleading with him to turn himself in.
Authorities say David Reyes got into an argument with mechanic Sam Rivera while Rivera was working.
They say Reyes pulled out a gun and shot Rivera, who later died at the hospital.
Reyes hasn't been seen since.
His family spoke with Action News Friday.
"We believe in our brother's innocence for one, and we feel that he should turn himself in so that we can handle these things the right way according to the law, and to be tried by a judge and jury and not by anyone else," said the suspect's sister.
There is a $20,000 reward for tips leading to David Reyes.
homicide, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51 17 min ago
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Photos: Pictures of bear sightings in the area
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age...
17 min ago
- NJ Gov. Christie is still a Dallas Cowboys...
10 min ago
- Sofitel Philadelphia's garden on the rooftop
12 min ago