Suspect's family in Jiffy Lube murder makes a plea
PHILADELPHIA - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- The family of a man wanted in connection with a murder at a Jiffy Lube in Port Richmond last month is pleading with him to turn himself in.
Authorities say David Reyes got into an argument with mechanic Sam Rivera while Rivera was working.
They say Reyes pulled out a gun and shot Rivera, who later died at the hospital.
Reyes hasn't been seen since.
His family spoke with Action News Friday.
"We believe in our brother's innocence for one, and we feel that he should turn himself in so that we can handle these things the right way according to the law, and to be tried by a judge and jury and not by anyone else," said the suspect's sister.
There is a $20,000 reward for tips leading to David Reyes.
homicide, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 39 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
49 min ago