Drowned dog in carrier washes up on NJ river bank
FAIR HAVEN, N.J. - June 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a dog was found dead inside a kennel carrier along the bank of the Navesink River in Fair Haven.
The medium-tan, male boxer-type bulldog did not have a collar or microchip for identification.
Monmouth County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals enforcement officer Victor "Buddy" Amato tells the Asbury Park Press it looks like the dog was dumped in the water alive and drowned in the carrier.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
animal abuse, new jersey, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 12 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
39 min ago