Police: Bucks man turns in dad over ID theft
FEASTERVILLE, Pa. - June 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County man faces identity theft charges after his son told police his father was using a stolen identity to avoid legal problems in Virginia.
Investigators confirmed to Action News that 49-year-old Ronnie Lee Durham had multiple identification documents, including passports, a birth certificate and driver's licenses in the name of a Mississippi man at the time of his arrest Tuesday.
Lower Southampton police said Durham's 22-year-old son took a pair of passports and licenses to police last week and told them his father was hiding his identity to escape business-related lawsuits and a divorce settlement.
Durham posted bail Wednesday.
pennsylvania, bucks county, identity theft, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos