Fmr. Philadelphia cop sentenced for assault
PHILADELPHIA - June 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former Philadelphia Police officer was sentenced on Thursday for assaulting a man two years ago.
Alexsande Shwarz, a 21-year veteran of the force, was sentenced to up to two years in prison and six years probation.
Surveillance cameras were rolling as Shwarz assaulted an employee in the parking lot of a U-Haul facility back in March, 2010.
The employee and Shwarz got into a fight over a U-Haul vehicle that was listed as stolen.
The employee said the vehicle had been recovered.
Shwarz became violent when the employee tried to write down the license plate number on his patrol car.
philadelphia, police, assault, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed