Hotel guests in Wilmington evacuated twice overnight
WILMINGTON - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Guests at a Wilmington, Delaware hotel were evacuated twice overnight.
It all happened at the Doubletree Hotel at 7th and King Streets.
Investigators say, around 9:00 p.m. Thursday, an employee was getting ready to clean a hood above a stove in the kitchen.
He was putting gasoline in a power-washer when it caught fire, which activated the sprinkler systems. The fire was quickly put out.
Then around 11:00 p.m., water from the sprinkler system seeped into the basement, got into some electric equipment and caused a transformer fire.
That fire was also quickly put out.
Guests were allowed to return to their rooms around midnight.
No one was hurt.
delaware, wilmington, fire, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman crashes into tractor trailer in Mayfair 1 min ago
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting 9 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 57 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 4 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Dozens charged in alleged slip and fall scheme
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
57 min ago
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting
9 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos