22 arrested, 21 sought in Montco drug sweep
POTTSTOWN, Pa. - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Montgomery County District Attorney said 22 people were arrested during a drug sweep in the Pottstown area this week, but 21 more are still being sought.
D.A. Risa Vetri Ferman said the sweep was executed so "borough residents can enjoy their community without these drug dealers selling their poison on the streets."
The 43 warrants included 38 felony narcotic warrants, 2 misdemeanor narcotic warrants, 1 felony theft warrant, 1 hindering apprehension warrant, and 1 robbery warrant, Ferman said.
She went on to say that $15,600 in drugs were seized, including 2 pounds of marijuana, 89 grams of cocaine and 225 pills of oxycodone.
In addition, a Hummer H3 Sports Utility Vehicle along with approximately $11,000 in cash was seized as part of the sweep.
Ferman added that the sweep was the result of an effort by the Pottstown Police Department and its Community Response Unit to target street level dealing in the borough.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, drugs, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed