22 arrested, 21 sought in Montco drug sweep
POTTSTOWN, Pa. - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Montgomery County District Attorney said 22 people were arrested during a drug sweep in the Pottstown area this week, but 21 more are still being sought.
D.A. Risa Vetri Ferman said the sweep was executed so "borough residents can enjoy their community without these drug dealers selling their poison on the streets."
The 43 warrants included 38 felony narcotic warrants, 2 misdemeanor narcotic warrants, 1 felony theft warrant, 1 hindering apprehension warrant, and 1 robbery warrant, Ferman said.
She went on to say that $15,600 in drugs were seized, including 2 pounds of marijuana, 89 grams of cocaine and 225 pills of oxycodone.
In addition, a Hummer H3 Sports Utility Vehicle along with approximately $11,000 in cash was seized as part of the sweep.
Ferman added that the sweep was the result of an effort by the Pottstown Police Department and its Community Response Unit to target street level dealing in the borough.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, drugs, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 7 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos