Montco robbery suspect caught, another at large
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- One arrest was made in a string of bank robberies in Lower Providence Township but police continue to search for a second suspect.
35-year-old David Alan Sprintz allegedly held up a Citizens Bank branch in the Audubon Village Shopping Center on Thursday morning.
Police arrested Sprintz later Thursday on the 1000 block of Tree Street in Philadelphia. The suspect was found hiding behind a washer and dryer in the home.
Authorities say that Sprintz is also a suspect in the robbery of a PNC Bank in Lower Providence Township and of an Ambler Savings Bank in Worcester Township - both of which happened in May.
Meanwhile police are still searching for 38-year-old Kevin Gilchrist - who they believe was an accomplice.
Police say that in the May robberies, Gilchrist allegedly entered the bank and presented a demand note to the teller.
While authorities continue to search for the second suspect, Sprintz faces a number of charges and remains in custody at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility.
Anyone with information on Gilchrist's whereabouts is asked to contact the Lower Providence Township Police Department at 610-539-5900.
pennsylvania, robbery, bank robbery, caught on camera, montgomery county, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 24 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 1 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
27 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos