Montco robbery suspect caught, another at large
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- One arrest was made in a string of bank robberies in Lower Providence Township but police continue to search for a second suspect.
35-year-old David Alan Sprintz allegedly held up a Citizens Bank branch in the Audubon Village Shopping Center on Thursday morning.
Police arrested Sprintz later Thursday on the 1000 block of Tree Street in Philadelphia. The suspect was found hiding behind a washer and dryer in the home.
Authorities say that Sprintz is also a suspect in the robbery of a PNC Bank in Lower Providence Township and of an Ambler Savings Bank in Worcester Township - both of which happened in May.
Meanwhile police are still searching for 38-year-old Kevin Gilchrist - who they believe was an accomplice.
Police say that in the May robberies, Gilchrist allegedly entered the bank and presented a demand note to the teller.
While authorities continue to search for the second suspect, Sprintz faces a number of charges and remains in custody at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility.
Anyone with information on Gilchrist's whereabouts is asked to contact the Lower Providence Township Police Department at 610-539-5900.
pennsylvania, robbery, bank robbery, caught on camera, montgomery county, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 17 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 17 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply