Montco robbery suspect caught, another at large
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- One arrest was made in a string of bank robberies in Lower Providence Township but police continue to search for a second suspect.
35-year-old David Alan Sprintz allegedly held up a Citizens Bank branch in the Audubon Village Shopping Center on Thursday morning.
Police arrested Sprintz later Thursday on the 1000 block of Tree Street in Philadelphia. The suspect was found hiding behind a washer and dryer in the home.
Authorities say that Sprintz is also a suspect in the robbery of a PNC Bank in Lower Providence Township and of an Ambler Savings Bank in Worcester Township - both of which happened in May.
Meanwhile police are still searching for 38-year-old Kevin Gilchrist - who they believe was an accomplice.
Police say that in the May robberies, Gilchrist allegedly entered the bank and presented a demand note to the teller.
While authorities continue to search for the second suspect, Sprintz faces a number of charges and remains in custody at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility.
Anyone with information on Gilchrist's whereabouts is asked to contact the Lower Providence Township Police Department at 610-539-5900.
pennsylvania, robbery, bank robbery, caught on camera, montgomery county, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos