12 homeless in 'suspicious' 3-alarm fire in Burlco
RIVERSIDE, N.J. - June 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a 3-alarm fire in Burlington County that left at least a dozen people homeless is considered 'suspicious.'
It happened around 1:15 Saturday morning on the 200 block of Filmore Street in Riverside, New Jersey.
The Action Cam was on the scene and captured heavy smoke and flames as fire crew worked to battle the blaze.
Authorities say the fire started in the second floor of a residence and quickly moved to the neighboring duplex.
At least 12 people have been left homeless and one resident told Action News that she lost everything.
"I'm done. I have nothing left - I am a single mother and I have nothing left," she said.
Residents are getting assistance from the local Red Cross.
Meanwhile officials are labeling the fire as 'suspicious' and an investigation continues.
new jersey, burlington county, fire, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 20 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 25 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
20 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
25 min ago