12 homeless in 'suspicious' 3-alarm fire in Burlco
RIVERSIDE, N.J. - June 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a 3-alarm fire in Burlington County that left at least a dozen people homeless is considered 'suspicious.'
It happened around 1:15 Saturday morning on the 200 block of Filmore Street in Riverside, New Jersey.
The Action Cam was on the scene and captured heavy smoke and flames as fire crew worked to battle the blaze.
Authorities say the fire started in the second floor of a residence and quickly moved to the neighboring duplex.
At least 12 people have been left homeless and one resident told Action News that she lost everything.
"I'm done. I have nothing left - I am a single mother and I have nothing left," she said.
Residents are getting assistance from the local Red Cross.
Meanwhile officials are labeling the fire as 'suspicious' and an investigation continues.
new jersey, burlington county, fire, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos