Lancaster parents charged with abusing 7-week-old
LANCASTER, Pa. - June 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Lancaster say a 7-week-old infant suffered numerous injuries at the hands of his parents.
Police say 22-year-old Anneliese Bachman and 24-year-old Maurice Barr were charged Thursday with aggravated assault and related offenses.
Officials believe the newborn boy was thrown about five feet during an argument and, later, forcefully removed from a baby swing. The alleged abuse occurred in the last week of May.
Police say a hospital examination on Monday revealed the infant had four broken ribs and nine healing fractures.
The baby was released from the hospital on Thursday and placed with child welfare officials.
A woman who identified herself as Bachman's mother declined comment on Friday. Barr could not be reached, and it was unclear if he had a lawyer.
pennsylvania, lancaster county, child abuse, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
4 min ago