Del. man killed after motorcycle hits tree
FREDERICA, Del. (AP) - June 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Milton man has died after his motorcycle hit a tree.
Forty-six-year-old Rudy Rouse was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, which was discovered early Friday.
A passer-by saw a motorcycle light on Andrews Lake Road in Frederica. Troopers say sometime during the night, Rouse was traveling east on Andrews Lake Road approaching a sharp curve.
Police say Rouse skidded more than 150 feet on the road before hitting a tree. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Troopers say Rouse was not wearing a helmet. The accident is under investigation.
delaware, kent county, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed