Police: NJ teen killed in fall from cliff
FORT LEE, N.J. (AP) - June 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 16-year-old boy was killed when he fell from a cliff at Palisades Interstate Park in New Jersey.
The Fort Lee teen, whose name was not disclosed, was with a 16-year-old Edgewater girl when he fell around 9:40 p.m. Friday.
The accident occurred in the park's Fort Lee section, just north of the George Washington Bridge. The girl told authorities that she and the boy had been walking in the area and that he had fallen backward from the cliff.
Investigators say the victim fell after he went past a safety railing near the edge of the cliff. Their rescue efforts were hampered by the remote location where the accident occurred and various hazards in the area.
The death is not considered suspicious, but remains under investigation.
new jersey, teens, fatal fall, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 43 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 19 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
43 min ago