Police: NJ teen killed in fall from cliff
FORT LEE, N.J. (AP) - June 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 16-year-old boy was killed when he fell from a cliff at Palisades Interstate Park in New Jersey.
The Fort Lee teen, whose name was not disclosed, was with a 16-year-old Edgewater girl when he fell around 9:40 p.m. Friday.
The accident occurred in the park's Fort Lee section, just north of the George Washington Bridge. The girl told authorities that she and the boy had been walking in the area and that he had fallen backward from the cliff.
Investigators say the victim fell after he went past a safety railing near the edge of the cliff. Their rescue efforts were hampered by the remote location where the accident occurred and various hazards in the area.
The death is not considered suspicious, but remains under investigation.
new jersey, teens, fatal fall, local/state
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list