Police: NJ teen killed in fall from cliff
FORT LEE, N.J. (AP) - June 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 16-year-old boy was killed when he fell from a cliff at Palisades Interstate Park in New Jersey.
The Fort Lee teen, whose name was not disclosed, was with a 16-year-old Edgewater girl when he fell around 9:40 p.m. Friday.
The accident occurred in the park's Fort Lee section, just north of the George Washington Bridge. The girl told authorities that she and the boy had been walking in the area and that he had fallen backward from the cliff.
Investigators say the victim fell after he went past a safety railing near the edge of the cliff. Their rescue efforts were hampered by the remote location where the accident occurred and various hazards in the area.
The death is not considered suspicious, but remains under investigation.
new jersey, teens, fatal fall, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 40 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 56 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
40 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
56 min ago