Del. man arrested for Kmart parking lot robbery
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police arrested a man who they say robbed an elderly woman inside a store in New Castle County.
It happened around 4:30 Friday afternoon at the Kmart on the 4700 block of Limestone Road in the Pike Creek Shopping Center.
Authorities say the 69-year-old victim was walking to her car when she was approached by 49-year-old Charles A. Zingo.
The suspect allegedly grabbed the woman's purse and a brief struggle ensued. Zingo got away with the victim's purse and fled the scene.
The elderly woman suffered minor injuries during the struggle.
A short time later, Zingo was spotted by a New Castle County officer and taken into custody.
Zingo faces a robbery charge for the incident and remains in custody at the Howard Young Correctional Institution.
delaware, new castle county, robbery, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees