3 injured after crash on I-95 in Delaware
WILMINGTON - June 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three people were injured in a crash on Interstate 95 in Delaware on Sunday night.
The accident occurred on southbound I-95 in the area of Marsh Road in Wilmington at 8:07 p.m.
Police tell Action News a Volkswagen Jetta, driven by Rafael Martinez-Garcia, 25, of Wilmington, went out of control, left the roadway and struck a guardrail several times.
Investigators believe Martinez-Garcia was ejected from the vehicle. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Two other passengers were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. One passenger was identified as Raul Ortega-Squivel of Newark, Del. The other passenger's name was not immediately available.
Two other cars were involved in a minor crash as a result. Those drivers were not seriously hurt.
The investigation caused the closure of the southbound lanes of I-95 for five hours.
An investigation into this crash continues.
delaware, wilmington, accident, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- As fireworks crackle, Beckham plays last home game
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list