Shooting, abuse suspect charged in Berks Co. murder-for-hire plot
READING, Pa. - June 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Berks County have charged an inmate with trying to hire a fellow inmate to help kill the victims of his alleged earlier crimes.
Christopher Yingling, 42, of Birdsboro, Pa. is already in custody.
He is charged with the shooting and wounding of his girlfriend's ex-husband in Spring Township on January 24, 2012, and with the alleged sexual assault of that man's 14-year-old daughter from June 1 to December 27, 2011.
Prosecutors say they intercepted phone conversations and a hand-written note in which Yingling made arrangements with another inmate to help orchestrate the killings of the ex-husband, the 14-year-old girl, other family members and key witnesses to earlier crimes.
The arrangements allegedly involved Yingling's brother, a designated "hit man," a 20-gauge Mossberg shotgun and a Chevrolet pickup truck.
Yingling was charged Monday with Criminal Solicitation to Commit First Degree Murder. Bail was set at $500,000 and he was returned to jail.
pennsylvania, berks county, child sex assault, shooting, local/state
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list