Plane overturns in farmer's field in Del.
DELMAR, Del. - June 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Police responded to an incident this afternoon where a plane overturned in a farmer's field.
Officials say the incident occurred at approximately 12:53 p.m. as a small single engine aircraft landed in a field in the area of the 38000 block of Contentment Lane near Delmar.
After the plane landed and was taxiing forward, it flipped over prior to coming to a stop.
The single occupant of the plane, the pilot, was able to free himself and was not injured in the incident.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the incident.
delaware, sussex county, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 7 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 24 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar