Plane overturns in farmer's field in Del.
DELMAR, Del. - June 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Police responded to an incident this afternoon where a plane overturned in a farmer's field.
Officials say the incident occurred at approximately 12:53 p.m. as a small single engine aircraft landed in a field in the area of the 38000 block of Contentment Lane near Delmar.
After the plane landed and was taxiing forward, it flipped over prior to coming to a stop.
The single occupant of the plane, the pilot, was able to free himself and was not injured in the incident.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the incident.
delaware, sussex county, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's