Another reward in Coatesville dog burning case
COATESVILLE, Pa. - June 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Another reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest in an animal cruelty case where a dog was found on fire in Coatesville.
The incident happened on the morning of June 9, on the 300 block of West Coates Street.
Authorities say the dog was found burning in three plastic bags that had a chemical poured on them. A post mortem exam showed that the dog was also asphyxiated.
The Chester County SPCA is offering a $3,500 reward and the Humane Society of the United States is offering a $2,500 reward in the case.
Meanwhile, the dog's owner, Cora Brown, is still heartbroken and horrified.
She confirmed it was her beloved pooch named Woogie, a 4-and-a-half-year-old Yorkshire Poodle mix called a Yorkypoo.
Woogie escaped from Brown's home Friday afternoon before the incident.
"This is senseless for someone to hurt him, to kill him. But I feel some sense of relief that he didn't get burned prior to dying," Brown said.
SPCA officials are equally as shocked by the crime.
"I want to say 90% of the dog's body was charred. The bags had melted on to it, the intense heat melted to the body of the dog," Craig Baxter of the Chester County SPCA said.
Brown can't make sense of someone wanting to harm the happy little dog she says kept her company through some of her darkest hours.
"Through my chemo, my radiation, my breast cancer, he was right there; he stayed with me when no one else was there, he was my partner. I just loved him," Brown said.
pennsylvania, coatesville, chester county, dogs, animals, animal abuse, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
44 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
31 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
28 min ago