Lansdale man charged with prowling
LANSDALE, Pa. - June 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police arrested a suspected prowler after a foot chase in Lansdale, Montgomery County.
At approximately 1:24 a.m. Sunday, Lansdale police were called to the 100 block of Jenkins Avenue.
A resident told police they had heard glass breaking and observed a suspicious male in the area of a nearby house that was posted "No Trespassing".
Arriving officers spotted a male in the alley behind that residence running towards Penn Street.
Officials say the male, later identified as 30-year-old Ronald Edward Solomon Jr., attempted to hide from police and began running again as they approached his position.
Officers chased Solomon through rear yards until he was tackled to the ground by an officer.
Once on the ground, police say Solomon physically refused to comply with officer's commands while trying to handcuff him.
Tools were found in Solomon's possession as well as by a broken window of the house he was observed at.
Solomon was charged with Criminal Trespass, Resisting Arrest, Loitering and Prowling at Night, Possessing Instruments of a Crime and Criminal Mischief.
Solomon was taken to Montgomery County Correctional Facility after failing to post bail.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, lansdale, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting