Teen held at gunpoint in Tacony home invasion
TACONY - June 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the armed man behind a home invasion early Tuesday morning in the Tacony section of Philadelphia.
It was around 1:30 a.m. when the unidentified man entered a home in the 6200 block of Marsden Street through the basement door.
Once inside, the man woke up a 16-year-old girl who was sleeping on the couch and led her upstairs at gunpoint. The man made off with a PlayStation, games, an iPod, a cell phone and DVDs.
The rest of the family was in the home sleeping.
"In years past it was, in many cases, drug dealers that were ripping off drug dealers. That's not the case any longer. It's now ordinary citizens and business people," said Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey.
Ramsey said a task force was created earlier this year to tackle the increase in home invasions.
Early Saturday, also in Tacony, a man was approached by five armed men and forced into his home. The victim told police he was struck twice in the head with a gun, his home searched and robbed.
Then, early Sunday morning, three masked, armed men broke into a home in Oxford Circle. The man who lives there - a business owner - was pistol-whipped as he and a female victim were tied up. A shot was fired but no one was hit by the bullet.
"We're not sure if it's one crew that's doing this or several crews involved with this," Ramsey said.
Anyone with information can contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS or through phillypolice.com.
home invasion, tacony, philadelphia, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 31 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail 46 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint 40 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 18 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
31 min ago