Barricade situation ends in Olney, 1 arrest
OLNEY - June 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is in custody following a barricade situation early Wednesday morning in the Olney section of Philadelphia
Police say it started around 5:15 a.m. when a man entered a neighbor's house on West Clarkson Street.
A female resident inside the home was awakened by the intruder at which point the man fled back to his home on the 100 block of West Clarkson.
Police responded at which point the man locked himself in the house and refused to come out.
Negotiators were called to the scene and, after about an hour, he was taken into custody.
No injuries were reported.
The name of the man has not been released.
philadelphia, olney, local/state
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 32 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
32 min ago