Barricade situation ends in Olney, 1 arrest
OLNEY - June 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is in custody following a barricade situation early Wednesday morning in the Olney section of Philadelphia
Police say it started around 5:15 a.m. when a man entered a neighbor's house on West Clarkson Street.
A female resident inside the home was awakened by the intruder at which point the man fled back to his home on the 100 block of West Clarkson.
Police responded at which point the man locked himself in the house and refused to come out.
Negotiators were called to the scene and, after about an hour, he was taken into custody.
No injuries were reported.
The name of the man has not been released.
philadelphia, olney, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 59 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
32 min ago