Lawsuit over beer stein sold at Musikfest
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - June 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former nonprofit employee says she was fired after pointing out that ceramic beer steins sold at a popular Pennsylvania music festival weren't made in Germany as advertised.
Rebecca Stoneback claims in a federal lawsuit the $70 steins sold at Musikfest in Bethlehem were actually made in China.
Stoneback says she was fired from her job with nonprofit event organizer ArtsQuest after refusing to sell the steins unless a "handcrafted in Germany" tag was dropped from promotional material.
The Morning Call of Allentown reports Stoneback alleges ArtsQuest conspired to commit mail and wire fraud by promoting the steins as German-made.
An ArtsQuest spokesman declined comment, citing the pending litigation.
The free, 10-day event features musical and other acts on 15 stages.
Information from: The Morning Call
pennsylvania, bethlehem, musikfest, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 17 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts 53 min ago
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
18 min ago