Lawsuit over beer stein sold at Musikfest
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - June 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former nonprofit employee says she was fired after pointing out that ceramic beer steins sold at a popular Pennsylvania music festival weren't made in Germany as advertised.
Rebecca Stoneback claims in a federal lawsuit the $70 steins sold at Musikfest in Bethlehem were actually made in China.
Stoneback says she was fired from her job with nonprofit event organizer ArtsQuest after refusing to sell the steins unless a "handcrafted in Germany" tag was dropped from promotional material.
The Morning Call of Allentown reports Stoneback alleges ArtsQuest conspired to commit mail and wire fraud by promoting the steins as German-made.
An ArtsQuest spokesman declined comment, citing the pending litigation.
The free, 10-day event features musical and other acts on 15 stages.
Information from: The Morning Call
pennsylvania, bethlehem, musikfest, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 25 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 7 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 10 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 21 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 9 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
25 min ago