Water main break causes problems in Del.
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 24-inch water main break is continuing to cause problems for customers in Delaware.
The water main break is located in the area of 16th Street between Market and French streets in Wilmington.
Officials say customers in the city and those in New Castle County can expect to experience low water pressure.
They ask people to conserve water over the next two days as public works crews fix the water main.
On Thursday, Crews installed an inflatable bladder into the water line to stop the flow of water.
If all goes as planned, the main could be fixed by noon Friday.
More on Boil Water Advisory:
The Wilmington Water Department is issuing a precautionary boil water advisory for residents and customers bounded by 7th Street to the South, 16th Street to the North, Washington Street to the West and French Street to the East. The precautionary boil water advisory is the result of a water main break located at French and 16th Street.
As a precaution, water should be brought to a rolling boil for one minute. Customers should boil water for the following: drinking, cooking or baking, making ice cubes, taking medication, brushing teeth, washing food, mixing baby formula or food, mixing juices or drinks, feeding pets, and all other consumption. Water does not have to be boiled for the following activities: showering, washing dishes or clothes. Residents should boil their water until further notice. Restaurants and food establishments are to close if they do not have running water. After water service is restored and approved, all surfaces should be washed, rinsed and sanitized including ice machines and dish machines. Wilmington Water Department water quality crews will collect water samples once the main break is repaired to monitor the quality of the drinking water. It typically takes 24-48 hours to obtain the additional test results so it is important for our customers to continue to boil water until further notice. It is expected that the earliest this notice may be lifted would be Saturday, June 16.
delaware, wilmington, new castle county, water main break, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Bicyclist shoots man in face in SW Philadelphia
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces 44 min ago
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris 40 min ago
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc