Man shot dead by Philadelphia Police in West Kensington
WEST KENSINGTON - June 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was shot and killed by Philadelphia Police Wednesday night after police say the man fired at an officer.
The incident took place around 7:30 p.m at E and Ontario Streets in West Kensington.
Police say the suspect first pointed a gun at civilians in the area of the 3200 block of North E Street and that's what prompted them to respond.
Authorities say the man then fired at police as he was driving north along E Street.
Officers returned fire striking the man, who crashed his SUV at E and Ontario.
He was found dead laying outside the vehicle that came to rest against a corner store.
The man's identity has not been released.
philadelphia, shooting, west kensington, philadelphia police, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
59 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
46 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
43 min ago