Man shot dead by Philadelphia Police in West Kensington
WEST KENSINGTON - June 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was shot and killed by Philadelphia Police Wednesday night after police say the man fired at an officer.
The incident took place around 7:30 p.m at E and Ontario Streets in West Kensington.
Police say the suspect first pointed a gun at civilians in the area of the 3200 block of North E Street and that's what prompted them to respond.
Authorities say the man then fired at police as he was driving north along E Street.
Officers returned fire striking the man, who crashed his SUV at E and Ontario.
He was found dead laying outside the vehicle that came to rest against a corner store.
The man's identity has not been released.
philadelphia, shooting, west kensington, philadelphia police, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 9 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 47 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Wintry Weekend
47 min ago