3 arrested in Montco prostitution sting
LANSDALE, Pa. - June 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three people have been arrested after an undercover investigation by Lansdale police into an alleged prostitution ring.
29-year-old Kristen Stephen of Lansdale and 34-year-old Janet DeFrancesco of Harleysville were taken into custody Tuesday on prostitution charges.
53-year-old Robert DeFrancesco, no relation to Janet, was charged with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
The investigation began in late May when police say they received information regarding a suspected prostitution ring operating out of an apartment on the 300 block of West Main Street.
After an online investigation, police conducted surveillance on the apartment and officers say they observed Stephen direct an unknown male into the building.
Lansdale Police and an undercover Pennsylvania State Trooper then contacted Stephen by phone to meet the two women.
Once at the apartment, police say discussion regarding services and money took place after which, money was exchanged.
Both women were then arrested by police.
Police say drugs including heroin, cocaine and marijuana were found inside the apartment along with ledgers and customer profile logs.
Stephen was found to have an active Montgomery County warrant.
While taking the other two suspects into custody, police say property belonging to Robert DeFrancesco was found including clothes and a cable bill in his name.
DeFrancesco admitted to police he sometimes stays at the apartment and had an apartment key in his possession.
He was then taken into custody.
pennsylvania, lansdale, montgomery county, prostitution, drugs, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 4 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos