3 arrested in Montco prostitution sting
LANSDALE, Pa. - June 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three people have been arrested after an undercover investigation by Lansdale police into an alleged prostitution ring.
29-year-old Kristen Stephen of Lansdale and 34-year-old Janet DeFrancesco of Harleysville were taken into custody Tuesday on prostitution charges.
53-year-old Robert DeFrancesco, no relation to Janet, was charged with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
The investigation began in late May when police say they received information regarding a suspected prostitution ring operating out of an apartment on the 300 block of West Main Street.
After an online investigation, police conducted surveillance on the apartment and officers say they observed Stephen direct an unknown male into the building.
Lansdale Police and an undercover Pennsylvania State Trooper then contacted Stephen by phone to meet the two women.
Once at the apartment, police say discussion regarding services and money took place after which, money was exchanged.
Both women were then arrested by police.
Police say drugs including heroin, cocaine and marijuana were found inside the apartment along with ledgers and customer profile logs.
Stephen was found to have an active Montgomery County warrant.
While taking the other two suspects into custody, police say property belonging to Robert DeFrancesco was found including clothes and a cable bill in his name.
DeFrancesco admitted to police he sometimes stays at the apartment and had an apartment key in his possession.
He was then taken into custody.
pennsylvania, lansdale, montgomery county, prostitution, drugs, local/state
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Man wanted for exposing himself in Montco
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game